International Conference on Metaheuristics and Nature Inspired Computing
27-31 Oct 2018
META is one of the main event focusing on the progress of the area of metaheuristics and their applications. As in previous editions, META’2018 will provide an opportunity to the international research community in metaheuristics to discuss recent research results, to develop new ideas and collaborations, and to meet old friends and make new ones in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
All selected papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Following the tradition, selected long papers will be published in a postponed Springer book as in META'2014 and META'2016.
At least, 2 special special issues in ISI and SCOPUS journals are also confirmed:
- Special issue in "Optimization and learning" in Wiley Journal ITOR - International Journal on Operational Research (deadline for submission: 31 May 2018)
- Special issue in "Metaheuristics for 4.0 industry" in Elsevier Journal Swarm-and-Evolutionary-Computation (deadline for submission: 31 May 2018)
META'2018 welcomes presentations that cover any aspects of metaheuristic research such as new algorithmic developments, high-impact applications, new research challenges, theoretical developments, implementation issues, and in-depth experimental studies. META'2018 strives for a high-quality program that will be completed by a number of invited talks, tutorials, workshops and special sessions.
The scope of the META’2018 conference includes, but is not limited to:
* Local search, tabu search, simulated annealing, VNS, ILS, …
* Evolutionary algorithms, swarm optimization, scatter search, …
* Emergent nature inspired algorithms: quantum computing, artificial immune systems, bee colony, DNA computing, …
* Parallel algorithms
* Hybrid methods with machine learning, game theory, mathematical programming, constraint programming, co-evolutionary, …
* Application to: logistics and transportation, networks, scheduling, data mining, engineering design, energy, cloud, bio-medical, …
* Theory of metaheuristics, landscape analysis, convergence, problem difficulty, very large neighbourhoods, …
* Multi-objective optimization, bi-level optimization
* Dynamic optimization, problems with uncertainty, …
* Parameter tuning (static, dynamic, adaptive, self-adaptive)
* Hyper-heuristics, cross-domain metaheuristics
* Software frameworks for metaheuristics and nature inspired computing
Submission of papers:
- Submission of papers via the website
S1) Short papers: Extended abstracts of work-in-progress and position papers of a maximum of 3 pages.
S2) Long papers: Original research contributions of a maximum of 10 pages.
S3) Journal papers: High-quality manuscripts that have recently, within the last year, been submitted or accepted for journal publication. For this special case, the submission should have the same title that the accepted work, the abstract AND the complete reference of the work.
- Proceedings of the conference will be provided. Selected papers of type S1 and S2 will be published in a Springer book and international journals (ISI journals).
- Predefined styles are available on the website http://meta2018.sciencesconf.org/
- Proposals for invited sessions, workshops and tutorials: Deadline 15th March 2018. contact email@example.com
- Submission deadline: April 13, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: May 15, 2018